Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wonder Product of the Day!



Anti Monkey Butt Powder


I did not make this up and this photo has not been shopped. I found this miracle product while looking for a first aid cream at my neighborhood Rite Aid.


My question is: Do you use the powder only after you have developed monkey butt symptoms or can you use it as a preventative to avoid the problem all together?


I should have bought this as a gag Bosses' Day gift, but I wasn't ready to face the unemployment line if he didn't find it funny. I would have loved to have been in the management meeting for this company when they were brainstorming ideas on what to name this stuff. What were the names they ruled out? A few thoughts come to mind like Anti Baboon Buns, Anti Ape Ass, Anti Chimp Cheeks? Well yeah, Anti Monkey Butt is more fun to say.


What you can't see in this crummy photo I took (I took it quick because an employee was already looking at me weird for laughing out loud while standing there staring at the shelves) is the phrase at the bottom of the label that's just inside that red border. It says "Sweat Absorber and Friction Fighter." Okay - absorbing sweat is understandable. Fights friction? If your butt has turned fiery red from whatever or whomever you are rubbing it against you're going to need prescription strength pharamceuticals before you worry about applying your powder, I'm just sayin'.


Perhaps this company is just counting on the word of mouth. How can you not tell everyone you know about something with that name? They got me to laugh with everyone at my office about it as well as blog about it so that's really cheap advertising. I guess they're no Monkey's Uncle after all.

No comments: